I have coated fish in a number of various things over the years, quinoa, coconut, breadcrumbs (obviously!) but never Rice Krispies!…..up until now! I have heard of cornflake chicken etc so thought I would give Krispies a run for their money and I have to say these were a hit with the kids! I think these would also be fab with popcorn chicken…perhaps a future meal planner meal!?
So the recipe for this is pretty straight forward, using the same method as for most breaded fish…you simply dip your fish into flour, then egg and then finally your Rice Krispies! Bash your Krispies up a little bit first…
The key, as always, is to lay everything out first! Get your bowls all lined up and your baking tray lined with some greaseproof paper and then it’s just a case of dipping the fish into each bowl…easy!
Once coated simply pop the fish fingers onto a lined baking tray and then into the oven for around 12 mins at 180C and you’re done! You can prep the fish in advance too and just keep in the fridge until you’re ready to cook. These should also freeze pretty well too!
I served these with potato chips and sweet potato chips and some veg. My son had a play date and he asked for his in a wrap so that’s exactly what I did. One on a plate for Alfie and the other in a wrap and I have to say both boys gobbled these up!! whoop!
So so to recap here’s what you need:
- Fish fillets (I used haddock) cut into fingers
- Cup of flour
- 100 g rice Krispies
- 1 egg – lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper and paprika (optional)
- Potatoes, wrap and veg to serve
What you need to do:
- Start by placing your rice krispies into a bag and bash them a little to crush.
- Now lay out your bowls, one for beaten egg, one for flour and a third with your Krispies.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper too.
- Now cut your fillets into fingers and then dip one into the flour first, then the egg and finally the Rice Krispies. Place that onto the baking tray.
- Repeat the process for the remainder of the fish
- You can cover this and place in the fridge until you need or you can simply pop these into the oven at 180C for 12 mins and they’ll be done.
- If you are serving these with homemade chips you’ll need to place these into the oven beforehand as they’ll take around 40 mins!
- Serve with some veg and perhaps pop it all inside a wrap?!
Easy and a definite kid pleaser!! Hope your little one’s enjoy this one too!
One thought on “Rice Krispie Fish Goujons”