Hope you’re all having a good week…nearly the weekend and for us that means nearly half term! Kids are ready for it as am I! I’ve got my brother coming to stay over the weekend which is good as he’ll keep me company as hubby is still away…but until then we’re cracking on with Thursday’s meal and mini lamb Koftas!
This is very simply some lamb mince mixed with some softened red onion, breadcrumbs and some herbs and spices. Form into mini koftas and you’re ready to go!
So to start soften your red onion then set aside and allow to cool.
In a separate bowl add, mango chutney, ground cumin, ground coriander, crushed garlic, chopped coriander and chopped spinach, you can use fresh or frozen, but if using frozen allow to defrost first and then squeeze the excess moisture out.
Finally add add your breadcrumbs and the mince and then with your hands mix it all together.
Now grab a small handful and form into mini koftas, place them onto a lined baking tray.
You can cover these and pop into the fridge to firm up for a bit or until you’re ready to cook or simply pop them in the oven for 20 mins at 180C OR you can grill them. Turning occasionally so that they cook on all sides.
Serve with some rice, veg and a raita, or pop them into some flat breads or as i’ve done here serve with some couscous, veggies and a little warmed stock poured over as a gravy.
My kids aren’t that keen on dipping sauces…they don’t particularly like ketchup, mayo, tzatziki, even humous they’re not that keen on (who are these people!!!?) so this is super simple and I can report it was gobbled up!! Hurrah!
So to recap here’s what you’ll need:
- 450g lamb mince
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tbsp mango chutney
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Handful of frozen spinach – thawed and then liquid squeezed out. Then chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove – crushed
- 1 red onion – diced
- To serve: Veggie packed couscous or rice and then why not make a raita to go with this too? Delicious!
What you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Start by frying off your onion in a frying pan with a little oil until softened. Then leave aside to cool.
- Next grab a large bowl and add your ingredients. Season well. Tip the cooled onion in and then with your hands mix together so that all the ingredients are well combined.
- Grab a small handful of the mixture and form into koftas and then place onto a baking tray.
- When you’re ready to cook pop these into the oven for 20 mins or until cooked through.
- Serve with some veggie packed couscous or rice and a simple raita.