Quick and easy to make. You can make this in advance and leave in the fridge until ready to cook AND they also freeze well so make double and pop a batch in the freezer for a day when you can’t really be bothered to cook! You’ll be so grateful!
Annoyingly i didn’t have any yogurt at home as i wanted to have this with tzaziki but actually I improvised with some melted halloumi, grated cucumber and some mango chutney!! Who knew this would be a winner!!!
Simply mix the ingredients in a bowl, season well and then mould around some skewers. You can also make these into mini burgers, as per the pic below.
So all you need is:
- 500g Lamb mince
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Cooked quinoa ( I cooked 40g of Quinoa)
- 1 Garlic clove – crushed
- Salt and pepper
- Halloumi sliced
- Mango Chutney or tzatziki to serve
- Naan Bread
- Rocket or spinach (optional)
What you need to do:
- Soak your skewers in water for an hour or overnight if using wooden ones.
- Combine all the kofta ingredients into a bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Now mould a handful of the mixture around a skewer to form a kofta shape.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the mixture.
- Place these under the grill for around 10-/15 minutes turning occasionally to make sure they are evenly cooked.
- Meanwhile heat some naan bread in the oven as per the packet instructions
- For the last 2-3 minutes place a slice of halloumi over the top and place back under the grill to brown slightly.
- Take the naan out of the oven and slice in half and carefully tear apart. Now place your kofta inside with the halloumi some mango chutney and some rocket or spinach. Or if using tzatziki instead replace this with the mango chutney.