I had a lot of love for this slow cooked chicken curry over on instagram…thank you!…and for those that saved the recipe and have tried it i’d love to know what you think! This is a super mild curry so perfect for little palates and a great intro into spices…if you do want more of a kick to this though (as my husband would want!) then simply increase the chilli powder and add some fresh chilli’s into this too. But for this milder version here’s what you need to do:
Start by frying your onion until starting to soften in a little oil and then add your spices. Continue to fry for few more minutes.
Next add your chicken thighs and brown slightly…
and then add all the remaining ingredients bar the coriander, spinach and coconut milk. This goes in at the end.
Set your slow cooker to low and cook for 6 hours.
Once cooked shred the chicken and then add some fresh coriander, your coconut milk and spinach and stir through to wilt the spinach.
Now you’re ready to serve! Add some additional fresh coriander, a dollop of yogurt and some flaked almonds and enjoy with rice, poppadoms, mango chutney and naan!!!! Delicious!
So to recap you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 6 chicken thighs – skinless and boneless
- 2 tbsp tikka curry powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2tsp chilli powder or more!
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- Tin of tomatoes
- Grated ginger – 1 tsp
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 diced onion
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Handful of spinach
- 1/4 tin of coconut milk
- To serve – natural yogurt, flaked almonds, fresh coriander
…and here’s what you need to do:
- Start with frying off your onions until starting to soften then add your spices & cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Next in goes the chicken, brown this slightly & then throw in the remaining ingredients. Stir and season well.
- Set your cooker to low & cook for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, shred your chicken, add some fresh coriander & spinach and stir through until wilted.
- Now add 1/4 can coconut milk..stir through & then top with some natural yogurt, fresh coriander, flaked almonds
- Serve with rice, poppadoms & veggies!