These went down so well with my kids and also their friends so i always know if other kids like it then i’m usually onto a winner!…so thought i would share this easy recipe for you here! Hope you like it too!
Start by whizzing up your oats and seeds in a small food processor until almost flour like and then tip into a bowl…
Then simply add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
You then want to tip the mixture into a lined baking tray and then press the mixture down with the back of a large spoon or place some greaseproof paper on top and flatten with your hand…it needs to be around 1 1/2 cm thick….for this amount of mixture you probably want a tin which is around 20cm x 15cm..
Now it’s time to pop this into a preheated oven at 160C for 15 mins or until slightly browned..remove from the oven and allow to cool completely..
Once cooled cover the top with melted chocolate and then pop into the fridge to firm up before cutting into bars and eating!!!!
So to recap here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup oats blitzed into flour
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds and pumpkin – whizzed with oat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup butter – melted
- 1 tbsp flax
Chocolate – I used a lindt bunny which is 200g or use an alternative chocolate. Pop into a microwaveable dish and zap in the microwave in 10 second bursts until melted.
What you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 160C
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. The tray should be around 20cm x 15m.
- Whizz one cup of oats with the sunflower and pumpkin seeds in a small food processor…then pour this into a bowl…
- Now simply add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Tip the mixture into the tray and then press down really firmly with the back of a spoon to compact the mixture or place a piece of greaseproof paper over the top and flatten down with your hand. Compress it as much as you can.
- The mix should be around 1 1/2 – 2 cm thick
- Place this into a preheated oven at 160C for 15 mins.
- Now remove and allow to cool fully before drizzling your melted chocolate over the top.
- Now pop into the fridge to set.
- Slice into bars and devour!!!