So who wants to spend the evening washing up?! No i didn’t think so….that’s where this dish comes in handy…all cooked in one pot in the oven – hassle free!
There are so many variations to this…i’ve cooked this delicious Chicken Tikka Traybake before and it was YUM! This is exactly the same method…you could marinade your chicken in all sorts, think cajun spices, think asian soy and sesame, spring onion….mm actually might try that one but this one tonight was lemon, mustard, honey, garlic and tahini..
So start by marinading your chicken first in the marinade ingredients and then pop in the fridge. You can leave this over night if you prefer..
Oncw you’ve marinaded your chicken you can get on with the rest. So chop your veggies and wash your rice.
Preheat the oven to 200C and then add 1 cup rice to 750ml of chicken stock into a baking tray or roasting tin. You may be better with a roasting tin which has slightly higher sides to hold the 750ml..Anyway pop the rice and the stock into the tray and then into the oven for 20 mins…Also this recipe is for wholegrain basmati rice..If using white rice you’ll need less stock and less time!
After 20 mins remove from the oven and then add your chicken with half of the marinade and your chopped veg of your choice. I used carrots, courgettes, broccoli and red onion..basically a bit of a fridge raid!
Pop this all back into the oven for a further 25/30 minutes until the rice is cooked, the stock has been absorbed and the chicken cooked through.
Easy one pot dish!
So to recap here’s what you need:
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp tahini paste
- Splash of olive oil
- 3 tsp dijon mustard
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- Salt and pepper
For the rest:
- Chicken thighs or drumsticks or a mix of both
- 1 cup wholegrain rice
- 750ml chicken stock
- Veg of your choice, red onion, broccoli, courgettes and carrots in this one!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Start by marinading your chicken in the marinade ingredients and then cover and leave aside. You can leave this overnight if you want to prep the night before.
- Now preheat your oven to 200C
- Place your washed rice and the stock into a baking tray or roasting tin and place this into the oven for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins remove from the oven and pop your chicken and your veg into the dish and then place back into the oven for a further 25/30 mins until the rice is cooked, the stock has been absorbed and the chicken cooked through.
Perfect for a mid week meal! xx