An easy slow cooker meal…i am absolutely in love with my slow cooker – especially on busy days…you simply just whack a load of ingredients in and then forget about it. 6 hours later and you have yourself a delcious meal with minimal effort and very little washing up too as it all cooks in one pot! That is my kind of meal!!!
This was was just as easy…it’s not even a recipe! Just throw in all the ingredients
…then shred the meat
and finally reduce the sauce a little with soe cornflour. You may need to skim a little of the fat off too…I also sieved my sauce as i knew the kids wouldn’t like the bits of apple or onion but it would taste just as good if not better without sieving out the bits! Place the meat back into the sauce and enjoy!
So what you need:
- Pork Shoulder joint – skin removed.
- Sage leaves
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4cup veggie stock or veggie stock cube and 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 brown onion roughly chopped
- 1 apple core removed and roughly chopped
What you need to do;
- Place all of the ingredients, bar the cornlour, into your slow cooker. Switch to low and cook for 6 hours or until the meat pulls apart.
- Once the pork is cooked remove the meat from the slow cooker and shred
- Meanwhile turn the heat up in your slow cooker and reduce your sauce. You may need to add a touch of cornflour. Remember to mix the cornflour with a little bit of the sauce before adding back into the sauce.
- Reduce and then pop the meat back into the sauce.
- Enjoy with some roast potatoes and roaste veg…or pop into a bap with some coleslaw! OR you can turn this into coronation pork which is exactly what i did just here: Coronation Chicken