Not the catchiest of titles but this simple meal always goes down well with the kids…it’s easy, no fuss cooking but sometimes it’s the simplest meals which are the best. It also means no stress for Mama either which is always a winner in my books.
Start by getting your oil infused as early as possible. You can do this days in advance for a more pungent flavour or just make up on the day.
Use a couple of tbsp good olive oil, then mix in some crushed garlic, some fresh mint, fresh rosemary and some salt and pepper. (If going for a more adult version throw in some chilli flakes to this too!) Crush the herbs with a pestle to release some of the flavours and then just allow the mix to sit.
Meanwhile prep your potatoes. Simply dice (I used maris Piper as well as sweet potato) and then pop onto a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, some squashed garlic cloves, garlic powder, some fresh rosemary and then season.
Pop into a preheated oven for around 30 mins at 180C – shaking half way through.
Meanwhile grab your lamb chops and brush with your half of your infused olive oil and herbs. Place these under the grill for a few minutes either side….when you turn your chops coat the other side with the remaining oil.
Serve with some green veg and a dollop of mint sauce on the side!
I told you it was easy!
So just to recap here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 lamb chops
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus extra for drizzling onto your potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves – 1 crushed, 3 squashed with the back of a knife
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh mint
- Lemon Juice of half a lemon
- Sweet potato
- Maris Piper potato
- Garlic powder
- Chilli flakes (Optional
- Veg to serve
What you need to do:
- Start by preheating your oven to 180C
- Now make up your flavoured oil so in a small bowl add: 2 tbsp olive oil, crushed garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper, few sprigs of rosemary and a small handful of fresh mint. Crush with a pestle to release the flavours from the herbs.
- Dice your potatoes and then place onto a baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season
- Add a sprinkling of garlic powder and some squashed garlic cloves.
- Add a few more sprigs of fresh rosemary and then pop into the oven for 30 mins.
- Now brush your lamb chops with the oil using half of the oil.
- Place the lamb chops under the grill and cook for a few minutes on either side. Turning half way and then brushing with the remaining oil
- Once ready serve with your potatoes and some green veg.
Hope you enjoy! xx