So this was a very easy and straight forward meal tonight. Alfie had a playdate so i kept things simple and we had clean plates all round!!
The key to this, as always, is the prep. Make sure you lay your bowls and baking tray out first before you start dipping…So for this you need 3 bowls
- Handful Plain flour – seasoned
- 1 Egg with 1 tbsp honey – lightly beaten
- Large handful of breadcrumbs with 1 – 2 tbsp of black sesame seeds
Then line a baking tray with some greaseproof paper.
Then all you do is dip your chicken fillet into the flour first, shake off any excess, then dip into the egg, coating all sides, and then finally dip into the breadcrumb and sesame seed bowl and coat the entire chicken fillet. Finally place this on your baking tray.
Repeat the process until you have enough fillets to feed your family! They should look something like this!
You can cover these and place into the fridge until you’re ready to cook or simply pop these into a preheated oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.
I served these with some crinkle cut chips, some roasted sweet potato
and some veg! Easy playdate food!!!…and kid approved!
Hope your little one’s like this one too! To be fair anything coated in breadcrumbs usually gets the thumbs up!
To recap here’s what you’ll need:
- 8 Chicken fillets ( allowing 2 per person)
- 1 egg – lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp honey
- Handful of plain flour – seasoned
- Handful of breadcrumbs
- 1 – 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- To serve – some crinkle cut chips, roasted sweet potato and some veg!
What you need to do:
- First preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Now lay out 3 bowls and fill:
- Seasoned flour
- Egg and honey
- Breadcrumbs and sesame seeds
- Dip your chicken into the bowl of flour first, dust off any excess
- Now dip into the egg mixture
- Finally dip into the sesame and breadcrumb bowl.
- Lay onto your lined baking tray and then repeat the process for the remaining chicken fillets
- Pop into the oven for around 15-20 minutes until breadcrumbs are golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with some crinkle cut chips and some veg!