This was super easy to make and although we had a super sunny day and a curry might not be everyone’s first choice of meal it was gobbled up by my two so i’ll take the win! They did eat this outside in the garden…well actually in their new den they’ve built! So happy kids and happy mama! I also used leftover lamb from a dinner party a couple of days earlier and also used leftover veg from the dinner party as well so this ticks a lot of boxes! You can use fresh lamb simply dust with a little flour and then add just after you’ve softened the onions….see steps below!
So start by dry frying your cumin seeds in a heavy based pan.
Next add the remaining spices and fry for a minute or so before adding your onion and a little oil. Fry until your onion takes on a bit of colour and softens slightly.
Next it’s time to add your liquids….tomato puree, tin of chopped tomatoes..
followed by around a cup of water…then after 10 mins or so add your lamb and chickpeas, coconut milk and again simmer and finally add your green beans until they’ve warmed through or until tender if using fresh beans. I used leftovers here!
Then simply serve with some wholegrain rice and you’re done! Make a big batch and you can freeze some to add to your freezer stash! Curries always taste better after they’ve had a bit of time for the spices to really get into the meat so when you cook this again it will be even tastier!
This is quite a light curry and very, very kiddy friendly! Nothing to heavy either so actually perfect for the slightly warmer weather we’re having!
So just to recap:
What you need: (it looks like a long list but i bet you have most of these ingredients in your cupboard already!)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 onion – diced
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 inch of ginger – grated
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
- Cooked lamb – around 750g
- Green beans
- Wholegrain rice to serve
Here’s what you need to do:
- So I start by dry frying your cumin seeds for a couple of minutes and then add the remaining spices and fry for a minute.
- Add a little oil and then add your diced onion, 2 crushed garlic cloves and your grated ginger. Fry until the onion softens
- Next add 1 tbsp tomato purée, 1 tin of chopped tomatoes and around 1 can of water.
- Allow this to simmer for 10 mins and then add your leftover lamb, tin of chickpeas, 1/2 can of coconut milk and simmer for a further 15 mins
- Finally add your veg until warmed through.
- Serve with some wholegrain rice! DONE!
🌟 if you’re using fresh meat then simply coat with a little flour and then brown after you’ve browned the onion…then you can add the liquids as per step 3! Easy!