Here’s an easy dinner for you!….Now we are slowly re-introducing dairy into Maisie’s diet i’m trying out a few cheesier recipes!
This one went down pretty well, Alfie thought there was sausage inside his so i’m taking that as a win. Super simple to make the mince and actually the mince would be delicious made into a pastie, served just with rice and veg, made into a shepherds pie type meal but tonight…we’re going with quesadillas!
So start with the mince. It was simply onion, garlic, pork mince…browned off…
and then you add in your spinach, carrot, sage, apple and vegetable stock…and season
Mix well and allow to cook for around 10/15 minutes…
I chopped the spinach to make sure the kids couldn’t pick it out!! You can make this part in advance. Once cooked simply keep in the fridge for a few days or even freeze for when you need it…
Then when you’re ready to eat simply place a tortilla wrap on a dry frying pan, sprinkle a layer of grated cheese over the top, then a layer of the mince and then another layer of cheese (This helps to hold it all together) then finally add a wrap on top.
Cook over a medium heat until the cheese starts to melt on the bottom, then place a plate over the top and turn it out onto the plate. Then slide back into the pan and cook the other side. Then turn out onto a cutting board.
TOP TIP – Before cutting this into triangles make sure it has cooled slightly. You want the cheese to harden a little and firm up a bit this will help to hold it all together.
So to recap here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 onion – diced
- 1 garlic cloves – crushed
- 450g diced pork
- 1 carrot – grated
- 1 handful of spinach – chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 apple – grated
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Salt and pepper
- Tortilla wraps
- A couple of handfuls of grated cheese
What you need to do;
- Start by making your mince.
- Fry your onion over a medium heat until softened slightly
- Next add your garlic and mince and brown
- Now add the apple, carrot, sage, stock cube, spinach and season.
- Stir and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes
- When ready to eat, place a tortilla wrap in a dry frying pan over a medium/low heat
- Place a layer of cheese then a layer of mince then a layer of cheese and then finally a tortilla wrap on top.
- Cook until the cheese starts to melt and then with a plate carefully turn the wrap out. Then simply slide back into the frying pan to cook the other side. Press down to make sure it’s nice and compact
- Once ready turn out onto a chopping board and allow to cool slightly before slicing.
- Enjoy with some crinkle chips and some cucumber batons!