This is a super easy one guys, takes no time in the oven and is full of flavour with the added chorizo! Anything with chorizo has my vote and usually my kids vote too so while they think they’re getting a treat with the chorizo I can also pack in th veggies with peas and grated courgettes. Alfie wolfed these down and he doesn’t usually touch courgettes…anything grated into a meal usually gets his vote though so i’m a massive fan of getting them in this way! I do tell Alfie what’s in here, i don’t like to HIDE veggies as such, i think it’s important for them to know what they’re eating but I do also love offering a veg in slightly different ways…they may dismiss roasted courgettes for example but eat them grated in a frittata! Always worth trying new ways out…you never know!
Anyway, on with the recipe.
This one is super easy.
Preheat your oven first of all to 180C
Now start by frying some chorizo in a dry frying pan for a couple of minutes. Then set aside.
Meanwhile in a large bowl mix:
8 Eggs, Large handful of frozen peas, 1/2 courgette very finely grated, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper and then add most of the chorizo with the oil from the pan and add this all and mix well. Keep some of the chorizo back to decorate at the end.
Now transfer this to a baking tray (mine was 30cm x 20cm x 3 cm high) if you want a fatter slice then a 20cm x 20cm x 5cm would also work. Line your tray with greaseproof paper. Line this well and make sure the paper goes up the sides as well otherwise you’ll have escaping egg which will then stick to the bottom of the tray. You don’t want that! This may have happened to me!!…you want the paper to be overlapping the top of the tray!
Pour the mixture in and then top with the remaining chorizo and the pop into the oven for around 15-20 minutes or until the egg has set.
I told you it was simple but just to recap:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cougette – finely sliced
- Large handful of frozen peas
- 1 tsp paprika
- 100g chorizo – sliced or pre sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
what you need to do:
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 180C
- Next line your baking tray with greaseproof paper, making sure the paper overlaps the top of the tray.
- Now in a small frying pan fry off the chorizo for a couple of minutes and then leave aside.
- Next grab a large bowl and mix the eggs, courgette, peas, paprika and garlic together and then season.
- Now add most of the chorizo and the oil from the pan into the bowl, leaving a few slices of chorizo aside to decorate at the end
- Next pour the mixture into the lined baking tray, top with the remaining chorizo and then pop into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the egg has set.
- Then simply slice and serve. Perfect for picnics and lunchboxes too!
OPTIONS!!!! – You can also add potatoes into this to bulk it up a bit. Simply boil some new potatoes until just tender, allow to cool slightly and then slice as thinly as you can. Add these into the egg mixture before pouring into the baking tray.
Alternatively you could thinly slice you potatoes before cooking and then fry in a pan until just tender. Then add to the egg mixture.
Let me know if you try it!!! Would love to hear from you!
Thanks so much for reading! xx