An easy one tonight…I mean is my weekly meal planner even a meal planner without a traybake! I love them!!! Hope you love this one too. It’s totally inspired by this recipe: Sticky Chicken
I’ve switched things a tiny bit so here’s what I did:
Start by making some slashes in your chicken, you can use thighs or drumsticks, either will work but make sure the skin is on and the bone in, thsi will keep the meat moist. Slashing the meat will allow the marinade to get into the chicken giving it more flavour.
Next make your marinade. So in a big bowl add all your marinade ingredients, season and then mix…
Next add your chicken into the bowl. Coat your chicken and then cover and then pop into the fridge for a couple of hours if you have time.
Then when you’re ready to start cooking, pop the chicken onto a large baking tray, add some broccoli, new potatoes and some sesame seeds. Pop into the oven for around 35 minutes at 180C.
When ready scatter with some freshly chopped spring onions.
and then serve with some rice! EASY!!!
So to recap here’s what you need:
- 8 chicken thighs or drumsticks, skin and bone on
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 spring onions
- 1/2 red chilli finely chopped
- Rice to serve
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1 tsp Chinese five spice
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
• 1 tsp grated ginger
and here’s what you need to do:
- Make slashes in your chicken and leave aside.
- Next make up your marinade. Throw all the ingredients into an oven proof dish or bowl and mix. Season and then add your chicken. Making sure the chicken it coated in the marinade. Leave to marinade for a couple of hours if you have time.
- When ready to cook, preheat your oven to 180C
- Place the chicken onto a baking tray or if using an oven proof dish already add you broccoli and then scatter some sesame seeds over the top. Add a splash more olive oil and then pop into the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- When ready serve with some chopped spring onion on top and some chilli if an adult version and serve with some rice.
A very easy mid week meal! xx
One thought on “Sticky Chicken Traybake”