I have to say I had my doubts about this one as my daughter has been slightly anti fish for the past few months BUT BUT BUT I had clean plates from both kids tonight and Alfie even asked for seconds – hurrah!!
The beauty of this one is it takes absolutely no time to cook so if you have hangry kids snapping at your because they’re hungry then they really don’t need to wait long for you to rustle this up! I added someo breadcrumbs onto the fish at the end and i think this really helps to kiddify (is that a word?!?!) the meal…as in it makes it more kiddie friendly because let’s be honest everything tastes better to a child when it’s crumbed!
So all you need to do is boil some new potatoes in a pan of water until they are tender.
Meanwhile grab yourself a large frying pan or saute pan and fry off 1 small onio, finely diced, 1 crushed garlic clove and some pancetta.
Once the onion has softened and the pancetta is cooked through add 100ml of vegetable stock. Now place your fish fillets on top with a large handful of frozen peas and add some black pepper….
…and then pop the lid on and allow to simmer gently for around 6-7 minutes or until your fish has just cooked all the way through. It may take longer if your fillets are thicker and likewise not so long if you have thinner fillets!
Once the fish is just cooked through, add your new potatoes into the pan
Then sprinkle some panko breadcrumbs onto each fillet and pop under the grill for a few minutes until they brown slightly.
Then you’re done! Really is as simple as that!! Serve with some added veg if you want to get more veggies in…haha always!! and then hopefully your kids, like mine, will gobble this one up!
So to recap here’s what you need:
- 4 cod fillets
- 1 onion – fnely diced
- 1 garlic clove – crushed
- 100g Pancetta – cubed/diced
- 100ml vegetable stock
- Handful of new potatoes
- 1 large handful of frozen peas
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Black pepper
What you need to do:
- Start by boiling your potatoes in a pan of water until tender, then drain and leave aside
- Meanwhile in a large frying pan or saute pan which has a lid and fry your onion, pancetta and garlic.
- Once the onion has softened slightly add 100 ml of vegetable stock followed by your fish and a large handful of peas and then add some cracked black pepper.
- Pop the lid on top of your pan and allow to simmer for around 6 -7 minutes or until your fish has just cooked through.
- Now add your new potatoes into the dish and then sprinkle some breadcrumbs over the of your fillets.
- Place your pan under the grill just to brown the breadcrumbs and then you’re ready to serve!
I really hope you enjoy it as much as mine did today…please let me know if you try it!…
AND also I have a few questions for you! I would absolutely love it if you could take a little time to reply below in the comments section??……if you’re still reading this!…What i’m keen to know is: Do you like getting these emails through every day? Would you rather get one email per week with all the recipes? Are you also on instagram? Where do you go to first to find a recipe? Instagram, facebook or here? Is there anything you’d like to see more of, less of? Do the shopping lists work, do you use them? If you have any comments at all on any of the above i’d absolutely love to hear from you!! Thank you in advance for your time and for being here!!!