So a few of you asked for the blog post for these!! Thanks so much for voting over on insta! It’s a super simple dinner or actually breakfast…or i’d go so far as to say it could be enjoyed for lunch too so actually a good one to have in your repetoire! My kids love eggs so this was an easy mum win for me! You could obviously make this vegetarian very easily by switcing up what you actually add to your eggs.
I added red pepper to mine…neither kids like red pepper, as much as I keep on trying!!…one day!…but they had mushrooms, spring onion, ham, cheese and spinach in theirs….
All you need to do is whisk up some eggs. I used around 6 eggs for 3 burritos. Whisk these up in a bowl with a touch of salt and pepper and lightly scramble in a frying pan with some melted butter. Just when it’s starting to scramble and almost ‘set’ add your extras and gently stir through.
I added my mushrooms straight in raw. They cooked a little bit in the egg but mine prefer uncooked mushrooms to cooked mushrooms. If you prefer these cooked then simply fry them before adding to your egg mix…you could do the same with the red peppers…or if you’d like to add bacon instead of ham then fry this off firs too. Otherwise the spring onion, ham etc can be thrown in as is.
So yes once you’ve got your scrambled egg with your added extras simply place onto a tortilla wrap and fold the bottom up.
Then fold from the right hand side, fold over the egg and wrap it up.
Next simply dry fry this in a frying pan to get the wrap browned and slightly crispy.
Now simply enjoy!
What you’ll need
- 2 eggs per burrito
- Wholemeal tortilla wraps
- Salt and Pepper
- Added extras choose from any of the following:
- Ham – chopped
- Spring onion – finely cut
- Mushrooms – chopped
- Red Pepper
- Cooked bacon
- Chorizo – chopped
- Grated courgette
- You could also garnish at the end with
- Grated carrot
- Extra cheese
What you need to do:
- Start by cracking your eggs into a bowl. Use 2 eggs per burrito.
- Gently whisk and add some seasoning.
- Melt a little butter in a pan and then add your eggs.
- Gently scramble, stirring slowly.
- Once nearly set simply add your extras and gently stir through.
- Once cooked grab yourself a tortilla wrap and add a large spoonful of the mixture. You can add some final garnishes if you like at this stage like avocado or grated carrot.
- Start by folding up the bottom of the wrap and then fold from the right hand side, and wrap up the egg.
- Now with a dry frying pan place the burrito onto a medium heat and dry fry for a couple of minutes to brown and crisp up the burrito.
Hope you and the kids like this one!