Another pretty simple meal today. Alfie had a playdate so of course I put some chicken onto a skewer because skewers are more fun!
If you forget to soak your skewers then a little tip is so simply cook the chicken fillets first and then skewer after they’ve cooked! That way no burnt skewers or hot skewers to hold! Genius!!…or you could just use metal skewers that way you don’t need to soak first!
Either way it’s a very simple dinner to make, a super speedy marinade which i did first thing this morning. Alfie’s friend has a severe nut allergy so usually I would add some sesame oil to this but have avoided all nuts and seeds today!! They all gobbled this up without any fuss!! Hurrah!! Dinner winner!
So all you need to do is combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl with your chicken skewers and then cover and leave in the fridge until you’re ready to cook.
Then simply thread the chicken onto skewers and pop under the grill until cooked all the way through, turning occasionally. Serve with some rice, with a touch more soy and some broccoli. A very quick and easy dinner!
So what you’ll need:
- Chicken fillets
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp soy or tamari sauce
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Rice and veg to serve
What you need to do:
- Simply combine all the marinade ingredients into a bowl with your chicken fillets and mix.
- Cover and leave in the fridge for at least an hour.
- When you’re ready to cook simply thread your chicken onto skewers and then pop under the grill until cooked all the way through, turning occasionally and basting with the marinade on both sides.
- Serve with some rice with a dash of tamari/soy and veg!
It’s really that simple!!!
Hope you enjoy these as much as the kids did today! xx