Super easy! I do love a stir fry…you can pack so many veggies into them and they’re also so quick to do! We landed back from our girly hols at stupid o’clock! I think I got to bed at 3.30am and then up at 7am for the school run so my energe levels were slightly low!!…so having a quick and easy meal like this was perfect! Also after a holiday of slight over indulgence and perhaps a few too many glasses of rose it was good to get a pile of veggies and yummy herbs into my system again!
All you need to do is make a sauce/dressing from 1 tbsp soy, 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil, 1tsp brown sugar, juice of a lime, a crushed garlic clove and then pepper….You may need to taste this and vary slightly to taste.
Now you need to prep your veg – so cut carrots into matchsticks, Finely cut some ginger, finely slice a garlic clove, cut 1/2 red chilli (or more depending on how hot you like it!) and add some sugar snaps..Of course you can add any veggies you like! Red pepper would be the obvious addition here but mushrooms would work…baby corn…Mange tout!
Fry all this off in a large wok or pan in a little sesame oil for a few minutes and then add half of the mixture you’ve made above!
Next add a large handful of beansprouts
Meanwhile prep your steaks – rub with a little oil and salt and pepper and then fry on a griddle pan for a couple of minutes either side. Then leave aside to rest. The meat will continue to cook after you’ve taken it off so this literally only needs a couple of minutes if you like it pink in the middle!
Finally into the stir fry mix stir through a mixture of fresh basil, mint and coriander together with a handful of oven roasted peanuts…
..Now finely slice your steak and then all you need to do is place the stir fry on top of some rice and then add your steak and drizzle over the remainder of the dressing and a squeeze of lime.
..and that’s literally it!
What you need:
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 Garlic Cloves – 1 crushed for the dressing and one finely sliced
- 1 lime plus extra to garnish
- Handful of peanuts – roasted in the oven for 10 mins
- Handful of fresh coriander, fresh mint and fresh basil
- Carrots – cut into matchsticks
- Ginger – Finely chopped
- Sugar snap peas
- 1 red chilli – finely sliced
- Jasmine Rice to serve
What you need to do:
- First get your rice on and boiling away. Or if you prefer grab a pouch to really speed up the process! Once cooked leave aside.
- Now make up the dresssing – 1 tbsp soy, 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil, juice of a lime, garlic clove crushed, 1 tsp brown sugar and black pepper. Stir well and adjust according to taste.
- Now start by frying your carrots, sugar snaps, garlic, ginger and chilli in a little sesame oil and add half of the dressing made above.
- Next add your beansprouts.
- Meanwhile prep your steaks by rubbing with a little oil and some seasoning and then fry in a griddle pan for a couple of minutes on either side.
- Once your steak is ready leave aside to rest for a couple of minutes and then finely slice.
- Take the heat off your stir fry and then stir through the fresh herbs and the peanuts.
- Place some rice onto a bowl, spoon over the the stir fry and then place the sliced steak on top.
- Drizzle with the remaining dressing and a good squeeze of lime.