What do you give your kids when they also have friends round for tea..the answer, fish goujons of course! These are so quick to make, a small amount of faffing around with the flour, egg and breadcrumb dipping but actually it really takes no time at all if you have everything set up…and you can always get the kids involved too! If you’re rushed for time you can also prep these in advance and leave in the fridge then it’s literally 5 mins in the frying pan, grab yourself a wrap and some cucumber roll it up and you’re done! So quick really!
Start by cutting your fish into strips and leave aside.
Then in a bowl add your turmeric, paprika, garlic powder and black pepper to your flour and mix. Then lay your other bowls out, one for breadcrumbs and one for the beaten egg.
First you need to coat the fish strips in your flour, then the egg and then finally the breadcrumbs.
These breadcrumbs were kept fairly coarse which i think adds to the crunch!
Place the fish on a lined baking tray. I use these silicone mats they’re really good but you can use greaseproof paper!
Now continue the process with the rest of the fish strips.
You can leave them in the fridge like this until you’re ready to cook or you can cook straight away.
To cook simply heat up a frying pan with some oil and fry over a medium heat on both sides until browned and the fish is cooked through. Mmmm look how crispy these look! You can cook these in the oven too at 180C for 15 mins or so but they are definitely crispier fried!
Then all you need to do is layer up your wraps! I’ve added lettuce and cucumber and a splodge of good old mayo but you could also add some grated carrot in here as well and a squeeze of lemon..
So what you need:
- 2 Cod fillets, skin off – cut into strips
- 1 Egg – lightly beaten
- Handful Flour
- Breadcrumbs – these were made from sourdough bread blitzed in a mini food processor.
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Wholemeal wraps
- Iceberg lettuce
- Grated carrot – optional
- Cucumber strips
What you need to do:
- Start with your bowl of flour and add your paprika and turmeric
- Dip your fish strips into the flour and coat all sides
- Now dip into the beaten egg
- Now the breadcrumbs.
- Heat up a frying pan with a little oil and then fry the fish over a medium heat for a couple of minutes either side until browned and crispy and the fish is cooked through.
- Grab yourself a wrap and place some iceberg lettuce, grated carrot and cucumber on top.
- Now place your fish strips and then fold together!
- Enjoy with a squeeze of mayo and some lemon juice
2 thoughts on “Fish Goujon Wraps”