The easiest of meals to make and when my daughter was asked recently what her favourite meal was that Mummy cooked her she said roast and that was closely followed by traybake and my son even agreed! So not only is this easy but it’s usually always a winner with my kids which makes for a happy Mama!
It’s simply a case of throwing lots of veggies along with some chicken thighs and chorizo onto a tray and then drizzling with some oil and seasonings and then roasting in the oven! It really is that simple it’s barely worth a blog!!…but it is tasty and it did get eaten by both kids so perhaps it’s worth putting this out there but i’ll keep this one brief!!!
For this one you’ll need:
- Chicken thighs – Skin on and bone in
- Half a chorizo ring – cut into chunks
- 1/4 Butternut squash- diced,
- 1/4 head of broccoli – cut into florets
- Red onion – cut into wedges
- New potatoes – cut in half, lenghtways
- Couple of whole garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Lemon – cut into wedges with some of the juice squeezed over
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
What you need to do
- Throw all the ingredients into a baking tray and then roast in the oven for 35/40mins at 190C. Watch the broccoli as this may catch…you may want to add this 10 minutes in to cooking or take it out 10 minutes before the end.
- You may want to serve with some steamed veg too just to add a pop of colour although not essential!