Hope you’ve all had a good week! So as promised here is the lentil patties i cooked yesterday. Finally recovered after a very late Friday night!!
I’m going to break this one down into two parts, the patties and then the lamb chops. So starting with the patties here’s what you need to do..
FOR THE PATTIES
- Start by getting a cup of split red lentils on the boil in some water and cook for 15/20 minutes or until cooked through. Once cooked drain and leave aside.
- Meanwhile start by frying off a diced onion, some grated carrot and a crushed garlic clove 1/2 tsp curry powder, 1/2 tsp ground coriander and 1tsp ground cumin
- Once the onion has softened add the lentils to the pan and stir well.
- Next add a handful of spinach and stir that through until it wilts.
- Finallly add 2tbsp of plain flour and mix well.
- Now grab yourself a small handful and form into patties.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the mix.
- Now simply fry in a little oil for a few minutes, turning so both sides are browned and warm through.
FOR THE LAMB:
It’s best, if you can to marinade your lamb chops the night before. This allows the chops to take in all those amazing spices and the meat is left super tender! So here are the ingredients for the marinade….Simply combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add the lamb chops mix well and leave for as long as you can!
When you’re ready to cook simply pop under the grill for 2-3 minutes either side.
Then top with some natural yogurt, sprinkled with papika, some chopped spring onions, fresh coriander and a good squeeze of lemon and serve with some mango chutney on the side! YUM!
.and here it is the patties and the lamb chops served with cabbage and some tenderstem broccoli!
As always let me know if you try!!…or if you have any questions! xx
One thought on “Lamb Chops with Lentil Patties”