This was a winner with the kids so very happy to be sharing this with you guys. Even Alfie didn’t bat an eye lid when there was spinach lurking! I’m slowly winning him around!!!
This is super simple you just need to be organised with your dipping bowls so make sure you get prepped first with your egg, flour and breadcrumbs bowl and then it’s really very easy…and not to mention tasty!! There’s actually very little cooking involved in this as the prawns are already cooked so all you really need to do is mash some potatoes and then all the other ingredients are just thrown in!
I served these with a simple mix of mayo and ketchup!….and lots of veggies and the kids totally cleaned their plates with this one! Whoop!
Here’s a look at what ingredients you’ll need…
So yes start with your bowl and your mashed potato…
…and now add your spring onion, spinach, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder, some lemon juice and then season well. I also added a large tbsp of mayo as well!
Here are my bowls all ready…just need to lightly beat the egg and then you’re ready…
So grab yourself a handful of the mixture and mould as per the pic below..
Now dip into the flour, followed by the egg and finally the breadcrumbs…
Lay these onto a lined baking tray….and pop in the fridge to firm up if you have time…
…and then when you’re ready to cook simply spray some oil over them and then place into the oven at 180C for around 35 mins…
Serve with some ketchup and mayo combo, some lemon wedges, some fresh prawns and lots of veg!
Hope you guys like this one!!! Here’s a little recap for you:
So what you’ll need:
- 250g cooked prawns, keep 50g aside until the end, but cut the other prawns into little pieces
- 2 large maris piper potatoes – peel, cut, boil until tender and then mash. (or you could use leftover mash!)
- 1 lemon – juice of half, Keep the other half for wedges to serve.
- Handful of spinach – roughly chopped
- 1tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion granules
- 1 spring onion – finely chopped
- 1 egg
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Plain Flour
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Grab a bowl and add your mashed potatoes.
- Now all you do is add the prawns, spring onion, lemon juice from 1/2 lemon. (Leave the other half to serve as wedges) Paprika, large tbsp mayo, garlic powder, onion granules and the spinach and season well. Now mix until it’s all combined
- Now grab yourself a small handful and mould into croquette shapes and then you need to dip into the flour, followed by the egg and then finally the breadcrumbs and then place onto a lined baking tray.
- If you have time pop these in the fridge for a bit to firm up. Otherwise simply pop them into the oven for around 30/35 mins. You can also fry these in a little oil but i prefer to bake them as they feel healthier!!
- Serve with some marie rose sauce…or just some mayo and ketchup mixed together!!!…and of course lots of veg!
Hope you guys like this one!! As ever let me know if you try them! xx
One thought on “Prawn Croquettes”