This is such a quick and easy meal it barely needs a recipe but i’ll write one for you anyway so that you have everything all in one place. If you’re following along to the meal planner this relates to w/c 19th Feb (CLICK HERE)
The beauty of gnocchi is that it’s so quick and easy to cook..takes literally 2 minutes! It’s probably one of the quickest meals you can make…and even quicker than pasta although you can use it in a very similar way to pasta! What’s not to love!!? It tastes great with pasta sauces, with bolognaise for example or you can even roast these in the oven to make super speedy mini roast potatoes!
For this meal though i’ve kept it super simple, it is only Tuesday after all!…so i’ve just mixed the gnocchi with lots of veggies, garlic, butter and some sage…You can of course use any veggies you like in this. You could throw in some peas and sweetcorn towards the end if that’s your kids fave? I’ve kept it simple for kiddies palates but you can spice it up a little bit by adding some fresh chilli’s, chilli oil or squeeze of lemon…Here’s a pic of the veggies i used…
So to start you need to fry off your onion in a little oil, then add your garlic, carrots and broccoli. These veggies take slightly longer to soften so add these first.
After a few minutes add your sage leaves…pick around 10 or so. If you keep them whole you can take them out if your kids aren’t keen…alternatively you could chop really finely so your kids won’t be able to pick them out!!!
Now add the remaining veggies…
While these are cooking for a few minutes cook your gnocchi as per the packet instructions or until the gnocchi floats.
Now simply drain this and add to the veggie pan with a little extra butter and then season well and mix.
You can then sprinkle with some grated cheddar or freshly grated parmesan or a dairy free alternative if you need!
So for this you’ll need:
- 1 packet of gnocchi
- 2 garlic cloves – crushedd
- Large handful of broccoli florets, cut into very small pieces
- 1 Carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- Handful of button mushrooms – finely sliced
- 1 courgette – finely chopped or cut into matchsticks
- 10 sage leaves
- Olive oil
- Parmesan, grated cheddar or dairy free alternative
What you need to do:
- Start by frying off the onion in a frying pan over a medium heat until slightly softened
- Now add the garlic and the broccoli and carrots, These take slightly longer to cook!
- Season, add a little butter and the sage leaves and stir.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes and then add the remaining veg.
- Meanwhile boil your gnocchi according to packet instructions or until floating and then drain.
- Once your gnocchi is cooked transfer these into the veggie pan with a little more butter and stir well.
- Sprinkle some parmesan over the top and then dive in!