Yes it’s another traybake to add to the mix! They are just the easiest meals to do, they are great for using up any veggies you may have lying around, they are hassle free and require minimal washing up so what’s not to love?! Kids love them too so that’s a definite added bonus!
This recipe used some chicken legs, you could of course use thighs or drumsticks or a mix? This actually makes for a very easy cheats roast Sunday lunch. All the taste with half the effort! I served mine with mash to make this more of a Saturday meal but there’s no reason you couldn’t add some roast potatoes to this too!
It’s honestly the easiest thing to do that it barely needs a recipe! You simply place all the ingredients onto the baking tray and then pop into the oven! There is a brief method below though if you need…
So what you need:
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 head of garlic – halved
- 1 lemon – quartered
- Fresh thyme
- Stock cube
- Carrots – cut into big batons
- Green Beans
- Potatoes for mash ( I used sweet and maris piper, 2 of each)
- Olive oil
- Red onion – quartered
- Salt and pepper
What you need to do:
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Place the chicken legs onto a baking tray and then add the onion, carrots and garlic.
- Now squeeze some of the lemon juice from the quarters over the veg and meat and then place the lemon wedges onto the tray as well.
- Now crumble a stock cube over the chicken legs and veg and add a few sprigs of fresh thyme. Be generous!
- Place the baking tray into the oven with a glug of olive oil for around 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes add a little water to the tray, around 1/4 cup. This helps to make a lovely gravy.
- Place back into the oven for a further 5-10 mins.
- Serve with some green beans and mash
Hope you enjoy this one – it seems to be a bit of no brainer this one!! xx