Sorry not a very catchy title!!…but this was a really yummy meal which hubby and I had last night. It’s super easy and quick too which quite frankly is exactly what you need on a Monday night especially if you’ve had to endure swimming lessons!…not only that but it’s super healthy so the best start to the week! Who wants some???
I’ll quickly explain the method then scroll down to the bottom for the full ingredients and method. I’ll just show you a few step by step pics though first so you can see the processes which i hope will then help explain the method to my madness!
So first of all you need to fry off the onion in a frying pan for a couple of minutes over a medium heat. Then add your chopped up chorizo. Cook these for a couple of minutes and then add your galic..
Next in goes your tin of tomatoes, tomato puree, a generous squeeze, about a heaped tablespoon and add your paprika to this as well.
Give it a good stir and then add your grains and quinoa. I used a couple of Merchant Gourmet pouches as per the pics below. I am such a fan of these pouches as they speed up the cooking time of a meal so much…and not just any meal a healthy meal which i am massively in favour of! Quick and healthy definitely gets my vote!!
So yes add your pouches, I used a mix of quinoa and Glorious grains with rice and quinoa. If I was to choose one packet i’d probably go for the grains with rice and quinoa. I think this has a better flavour and texture but both would work. So pop these into the tomato sauce and give it a good stir.
Now you need to transfer the mixture into an oven proof dish and then place some vine cherry tomatoes on the top and pop into a preheated oven at 180C for around 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes take the dish out and add your fish fillets. Season with some salt and pepper and some chilli flakes, add some fresh basil leaves and then pop back into the oven for a further 12 minutes or so or until your fish is cooked through.
Then simply serve with some veg of your choice, green beans spinach or broccoli would all work well with this dish! Enjoy!
So what you’ll need:
- 2 fillets of fish (cod or haddock would work)
- 1 packet of @merchantgourmet grains with rice and quinoa
- (I also used half a packet of @merchantgourmet simply quinoa as it needed to be eaten but not essential to have both!)
- 125g chorizo chopped (half a chorizo ring)
- 1 red onion – finely diced
- 1 clove garlic – crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Handful of basil leaves
- Cherry tomatoes – on the vine
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- Sprinkling of chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp paprika
And here’s what you need to do!
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- In a large frying pan start by frying off the onion.
- Once the onion has softened slightly add the chorizo and then the garlic. Cook for a few minutes over a medium heat.
- Next add the tinned tomatoes, paprika, chilli powder, tomato purée and stir.
- Next in go the @merchantgourmet grains and quinoa
- Season and then stir well and then add to an oven proof dish.
- Scatter a few torn basil leaves and a few tomato vines on top (see pics!) and pop into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and then finally add your fish on top, sprinkle the chilli flakes, a grind of black pepper, drizzle of olive oil and place back into the oven for a further 12 minutes or until the fish has cooked through.
- Serve with some veg of your choice – green beans, spinach or broccoli would work well!
That’s it – literally takes no time at all and very minimal prep time too! As ever please let me know if you try any of my recipes I LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing from you and seeing your pics! In fact nothing makes me happier!!!