This is so simple to do, all you need is salmon, pesto and breadcrumbs. It’s that easy! Serve with some sweet potato wedges and some green beans and you have yourself a super easy mid week meal.
Here’s the how to, if you need…Start by taking the skin off your fillets, if not already skinned and then cut your salmon into chunks.
Then coat each salmon bite in pesto, using a knife to spread and then dip straight into the panko breadcrumbs and then onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
You can prep this earlier in the day or even the night before. Pop into the fridge until you’re ready to cook.
When you are ready simply pop these into a pre-heated oven at 180C for around 12-15 minutes, depending on how big your chunks are!
Serve with some potato wedges and some steamed green beans. Done…honestly so easy it barely needs a blog!
What you need:
- 4 Salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp pesto
- Large handful of breadcrumbs
- Sweet potato and green beans to serve
What you need to do:
- Take any skin off your salmon fillets and cut into bite sized pieces
- Coat first in pesto
- Now dip into the breadcrumbs coating all sides
- Place onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper
- If you’re making sweet potato wedges, simply scrub your potatoes and cut into wedges and place onto a baking tray, drizzle with a little oil and a touch of salt and pop into the oven. These will take around 40 mins so put these in first for 25 mins into a preheated oven @ 180C and then add your fish.
- The fish will take round 15 mins depending on how big your chunks are!
- Serve with potato wedges and then steam some green beans
If you’re not a fan of salmon try switching for some white fish, cod or haddock would work. You could even try subbing this for chicken pieces.
Instead of basil pesto why not try sun-dried tomato pesto or roasted pepper?
Instead of panko breadcrumbs why not try coating in couscous, quinoa, polenta or even cornflakes!
Hope you like this one. My son devoured these…i’m working on my daughter to love salmon again!!
Please let me know if you make these, I love hearing from you!