So here is the recipe for this super easy traybake….we all know i’m a big fan of a traybake! Perfect for a week night meal as it really does require very little effort and even the washing up has been kept to a minimum too! The oven does all the work for this, just a little prepping of some veg, coating of the chicken and then you leave the oven to work it’s magic…sounds good right??
I use wholegrain basmati rice for this which means it does need the 750ml stock and will take 45/50 mins in the oven. If you’re using white rice then you won’t need as much time or stock!
So how to make this tasty dins….well start by coating your chicken thighs in some chicken tikka paste on a baking tray. I just used a very standard Sainsbury’s paste…
Then you need to coat your cauliflower, so cut the cauliflower into florets and then pop them into a bowl and add some olive oil and the spices, cumin, turmeric, ground coriander and season and then pour the veg into the baking tray along with the chicken and then add a cup of rice (make sure you’ve rinsed this thoroughly first) and then pour in the stock.
Make sure all the rice is coated in the stock otherwise you’ll end up with crunchy rice! Pop it into the oven (180C for fan assissted ovens) and come back 45 mins later! If your baking tray doesn’t have the capacity to take all of the stock, simply come back after 25 mins and add the remaining stock then
After 20 mins add some green beans and then leave for another 25 mins..
Garnish with some flaked almonds and some fresh coriander! Voila dinner is served!
So what you’ll need for this:
- Chicken thighs
- Tikka curry paste
- 1 cup Wholegrain basmati rice – Rinsed
- 750ml chicken stock
- 1 head of cauliflower – cut into florets
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp Turmeric
- Green beans
- Handful of fresh coriander, ground almonds and some natural yogurt for garnish.
What you need to do:
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Start by coating your chicken in the tikka curry paste on a baking tray
- Now place your cauliflower into a bowl and coat the florets in the oil together with the spices. Once coated toss into the baking tray.
- Next add your rice into the baking tray
- Now add your stock. You’ll need around 750ml. If your baking tray can take this amount pour it all in, otherwise save the rest until half way through the cooking time and add then.
- Make sure the rice is coated in the stock otherwise you’ll end up with crunchy rice!
- Pop into the oven for 35minutes.
- After 35 mins add the remaining stock and the green beans.
- Return to the oven for a further 20mins
- Once the rice is cooked through, simply scatter some fresh coriander onto the tray and dinner is ready to be served!
OTHER SUGGESTIONS/ SWAPS – You could swap out the cauliflower and add broccoli or carrots if that’s your preferred veg. They would both work with this. You could also add some kale or cavelo nero into the baking tray for the last 5 mins or so of cooking. It would also taste good with some chunks of red onion. Put that in at the beginning…If you have any other suggestions i’d love to hear them! Please comment below!
2 thoughts on “Chicken Tikka Traybake with Rice & Cauliflower”