So simple it’s not really a recipe but if you’re after a sweet yet healthyish treat after dins then this may well be your answer!
It really is so quick and simple:
1 cup of Almonds, whole, raw and unsalted
100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces – Go for the best you can, the higher the cocoa content the better this is for you so minimal guilt!
Pinch of sea salt.
What you need to do:
1) Turn the oven on to 180C
2) Pop the almonds onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and then place into the oven for 10 minutes to roast. Once roasted take out of the oven and allow to cool
3) While they are cooling its time to melt your chocolate.
4) Place your chocolate pieces into a microwaveable dish and then melt in the microwave in 10 second bursts. You don’t want to over do this as the chocolate will go all grainy. This you want to avoid!
5) Once melted add your almonds into the dish and coat the almonds with the chocolate adding a good pinch of sea salt into the mix.
6) Carefully take the almonds out of the dish and place back onto the greaseproof paper to allow to cool and set. The chocolate will set pretty quickly but you can pop this in the fridge to speed up the process…and then once cooled and set it’s time to tuck in!!
Why not try: You could also try adding some chilli powder into the chocolate for a little heat..or if you want something a little sweeter you could try sprinkling a little sugar over the almonds before placing into the fridge. Or why not try some different nuts, cashews perhaps?