So a few of you lovelies have been asking for the recipe for this yummy crunchy nut filled granola! I have finally managed to take some pics for you and rather than just whacking everything into a bowl I have also done some measuring, albeit loosely! So hopefully this recipe is now super easy…
The beauty of this though is that you can add or take away the bits you don’t like. We’re not a massive raisin fan in this household…yep there i said it! I think actually Alfie is the only one who likes them so I don’t tend to use them for this recipe but they could easily be added if you and your little ones prefer!
So first of all grab youself a big bowl and start by adding your oats:
So to recap here’s what you’ll need:
- 300g Rolled Oats
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 125ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, broken into smaller pieces (can leave whole if preferred)
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Handful of dessicated coconut or coconut flakes
and here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat your oven to 160C
- Now grab yourself a big bowl and pop in all of the ingredients above except for the coconut.
- Mix it all together so that everything is coated in the maple syrup, honey and oil.
- Now transfer to a baking tray, pre sprayed with a little oil
- Pop into the oven for 15-20 mins. Keep watch so that the nuts don’t burn!
- Now take the granola out of the oven and scatter over the cocount and stir.
- Pop back into the oven for another 5 mins.
- Once nicely browned take it out of the oven and allow to cool before transferring to an airtight container.