So this is quick, easy and tasty….What’s not to love about that?!…oh and did i mention packed full of veg so it’s super healthy too!
Mmm looking at this photo is making my mouth water! The beauty about stir fries is you can adapt it to suit your tastes and also depending on what veggies you have lying around in your fridge! You could switch the prawns for chicken, add some beansprouts, some mini corn, green beans..the list is endless! But the basics are below. Hope you enjoy!
So for this you’ll need the following:
- 200g King prawns
- 2 large handfuls of Pak choi
- Handful of tenderstem broccoli cut into small pieces
- 1 large carrot – cut into matchsticks
- Handful of Sugar snap peas
- 1 Red onion – finely sliced
- 1/2 Red pepper – finely sliced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 1 inch of ginger, grated or finely diced
- 1 red chilli – deseeded and finely chopped (optional
- 1 packet of vermicelli rice noodles
- Optional extras: Try adding some crushed peanuts, fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime to finish
What you need to do:
- Start by cooking your noodles as per the packet instructions. Drain and then leave aside.
- Now heat up a wok or large saute pan with some sesame oil.
- Once hot add your ginger, garlic and chilli and fry for 2 minutes. This will help to flavour the oil
- Next add the carrot and onion and fry for a few more minutes
- Now add all of the remaining veg together with the oyster sauce, sweet chilli and soy and stir
- Cook the veg for a couple of minutes, you still want them to have a crunch and then add your prawns. Fry until the prawns are cooked all the way through.
- Now take off the heat and add the rice noodles.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lime, some crushed peanuts and some fresh coriander.
3 thoughts on “Easy Prawn Stir Fry”
Looks so delicious, can’t beat a speedy tasty stir fry!